The purpose of this document is to establish procedures governing the West Virginia Lottery's PAC-MAN® 2ND Chance promotion. These rules and procedures supersede any other information included within printed informational brochures, How-to-Play brochures, website information, radio, television, newspaper, social media, or any other means of communication in regards to this contest.
The Director of the West Virginia Lottery reserves the right to change or supersede any outlined procedures to handle unforeseen circumstances.
Additional draw procedures associated with this drawing may be implemented at a later date as necessary. This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
All non-winning $5 PAC-MAN® Instant Scratch-off tickets (WV Game #964) may be entered via the internet for a chance to receive an entry into the PAC-MAN® 2ND Chance promotion. There will be eight (8) weekly drawings for the chance to win one of five (5) $500 cash prizes. There will al so be a Grand Prize drawing of one (1) $10,000 prize winner and one (1) Table Arcade Game Console plus $2,000 cash prize winner! A complementary web-based game of PAC-MAN® will be provided with each qualifying entry!
SECOND CHANCE PRIZES AND DRAW DATES
Eight (8) drawings will be held for tickets purchased between July 8, 2018 and September 1, 2018, with the entry deadline being three (3) days prior to each drawing at 11:59 :59 PM EST. Winners of prizes will be selected as follows:
|Week #||Entry Deadline 11:59 PM EST||Draw Date||Winners Selected & Prize|
|1||July 14, 2018||July 17, 2018||5- $500 Cash|
|2||July 21, 2018||July 24, 2018||5- $500 Cash|
|3||July 28, 2018||July 31, 2018||5- $500 Cash|
|4||Aug 4, 2018||Aug 7, 2018||5- $500 Cash|
|5||Aug 11, 2018||Aug 14, 2018||5- $500 Cash|
|6||Aug 18, 2018||Aug 21, 2018||5- $500 Cash|
|7||Aug 25, 2018||Aug 28, 2018||5- $500 Cash|
|8||Sept 1, 2018||Sept 4, 2018||5- $500 Cash|
|9||Sept 1, 2018||Sept 4, 2018||1 - $10,000 Cash
1 - $2,000 Cash + PAC-MAN® Table Arcade Game Console
HOW TO ENTER
To enter on the internet, complete the free, one-time registration process through the microsite. The link for the registration page will be located at wvlottery.com. The West Virginia Lottery does not sell or use your information for any purpose other than as a convenience for your entry, as contact information should you win, and for informational emails.
Log in to the entry page by using the email address and password that you will have set up when you registered. Players may log in any time that they have an eligible ticket to enter in the second chance drawing. Follow the instructions on the entry page to record your entry of non-winning PAC-MAN® (Game #964) instant scratch-off tickets.
Entries for each drawing must be received prior to 11:59:59 PM EST on the date of that drawing's Entry Deadline. Entries are not valid for any other promotional offers. Entries WILL NOT be carried over to subsequent drawings. An entrant may win only one (1) prize per drawing but may win in multiple drawings. Only valid internet entries will be accepted. Hand delivered, courier, or mail entries will be disqualified.
- Entrant must be 18 years of age or older to enter promotion.
- By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to the rules set forth in this document, West Virginia Lottery Rules, and West Virginia State and Federal Law.
- West Virginia Instant Scratch-off PAC-MAN® (#964) tickets must have been sold by a West Virginia Lottery Commission licensed Lottery agent (past or present) or by the West Virginia Lottery Commission. Tickets found to be located in a stolen inventory status or not part of a valid sold, activated, or promotional inventory status will be disqualified.
- Only online entries will be accepted. Mailed or courier delivered entries will be disqualified and will not be returned. Neither the Lottery nor its designee will be held responsible for mailed or courier delivered entries.
- The Lottery and its designee are not responsible for outdated or erroneous player information causing the selected entrant to be unreachable after being selected. It is the responsibility of the player to maintain up-to-date and accurate email, name, address, and daytime phone number information. The West Virginia Lottery does not sell or use your information for any purpose other than as a convenience for your entry, as contact information should you win, and for informational emails.
- The West Virginia Lottery will notify all winners by telephone to provide information on claiming their prize. Winners must respond to the initial West Virginia Lottery phone contact within forty-eight (48) hours following their particular draw date or the winner shall forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to an alternate. Contacted winners will be sent a claim form that must be completed and returned within fourteen (14) business days along with a copy of their state photo identification (and Social Security card for Grand Prizes) or an alternate will be selected.
- No player will be selected for more than one (1) prize per drawing; however winning a prize in one drawing will not disqualify an individual from having another entry win a prize in a subsequent drawing or drawings. This rule shall, in no way, prohibit multiple entries, but shall ensure that there will be unique winners and alternates in each drawing. Any entry not selected in a drawing will be discarded and a new entry pool started for the subsequent drawing.
- Notification of disqualification will not be provided to sender.
- Neither the West Virginia Lottery nor any of its retailers shall be responsible for entering qualifying tickets on behalf of a player.
- The West Virginia Lottery and its designated agent(s) will not be held responsible for any malfunction or computer error in the entry or drawing process. Neither shall they be responsible for failure of an electronic device, communication, or any technical aspect of the entry or drawing processes that may fail due to human error by the entrant, nor malfunction of a mobile device or computer.
- Table Arcade Game Console prizes are treated as Lottery game winnings and are reported as taxable. Winner must be clear of any payments owed to the West Virginia Child Advocacy Office or West Virginia State Tax Department. The winner will be disqualified and an alternate will be used if money is owed the West Virginia Child Advocacy Office or the West Virginia State Tax Department.
- Grand Prize Drawing prizes are subject to standard Federal and State withholdings ($10,000 Cash Prize) or reporting (Table Arcade Game Console + $2,000 Cash Prize). No cash equivalent will be awarded in place of Table Arcade Game Console.
- Draw results will be posted via the web at wvlottery.com following verification.
- Complete game and promotion rules are available by visiting wvlottery.com.
- Entries captured online will be maintained by Pollard Banknote Limited ("POLLARD" ), or its subcontractor, which will conduct the second chance drawings.
- Players must successfully submit the valid non-winning PAC-MAN® (Game #964) ticket number which includes the game, book, ticket, and validation numbers.
- Player information necessary for fulfillment (entrant's name, complete address, day-time phone number, and email address) will be captured from the microsite. The Lottery and its designee are not responsible for player information that is outdated or erroneous or when a player is unreachable after being selected a winner. It is the responsibility of the player to maintain up-to-date and accurate email, name, address, and phone number when submitting their entry. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.
- At the time of submission, the entry will be verified. Once a ticket is registered, it cannot be registered again. Once a ticket is successfully entered the player will receive an on screen entry accepted prompt.
- The captured entries will be stored in a secured electronic file until the entry deadline.
- Once the valid entry period expires, the file will be prepared for the random selection process.
- The West Virginia Lottery along with its designated agent POLLARD are not responsible for failure of an electronic device, communication or any technical aspect of the entry process that may fail due to human error by the entrant or malfunction of a mobile device or computer.
- POLLARD shall provide the WEST VIRGINIA LOTTERY ("LOTTERY") with internet development of promotional game designed to facilitate acceptance of entries.
- POLLARD shall provide Second Chance Drawing Services for the LOTTERY. The Drawing(s) shall be conducted in strict accordance with LOTTERY procedures, PROMOTION rules and regulations as provided to POLLARD and agreed upon between the LOTTERY and POLLARD.
- An independent auditor will be present to verify the winner(s) and that drawing procedures were followed as outlined in this document.
- The drawing manager shall establish a file comprised of the unique/non-duplicated entry numbers from the electronic entries using a secure draw system.
- Using the random selection process, five (5) entries for each drawing will be selected as winners for that drawing. There will be an additional Grand Prize selection of two (2) additional entries selected from ALL NON-SELECTED entries in the final eighth drawing.
- An additional ten (10) 'alternate' entries per drawing and per Grand Prize drawing will be randomly drawn from the remaining entries to reserve in the event that the entries do not meet the required criteria to qualify as a 'winner'.
- Limit one (1) prize per entrant for all eight (8) drawings. Any entry selected that is a duplicate subsequent to that person's first entry will be disqualified in each individual drawing.
- An individual may win only once per drawing, but may enter subsequent drawings and be selected as a winner. Therefore, a person shall not win more than once in a single drawing, but a person may win with other entries in subsequent drawings. The Grand Prize selection will be considered a separate "drawing" and the two entrants selected may have previously won in any of the eight (8) drawings.
- Entries will be discarded following each drawing and do not carry over to subsequent drawings. Entries will be those received in the weekly period for a particular drawing.
- Internet winner contact information will be pulled directly from the microsite.
- An output document identifies the winners and confirms the winner selection process. The output document will be sent to the West Virginia Lottery via Secure FTP site and will be given to the Drawing Manager onsite.
- The entries will be evaluated by the West Virginia Lottery Drawing Manger to determine that the entrants meet the qualification/validation criteria and general rules.
- The West Virginia Lottery reserves the right to change or alter these rules at any time due to unforeseen circumstances.
VALIDATION AND FULFILLMENT
The listing of selected winners and alternates will be sent to the West Virginia Lottery immediately after verification of drawing processes. The list of all winners and alternates will include at a minimum winner's first name, last name, address, phone number and 24-digit ticket number. The West Virginia Lottery will then verify that the selected winners are valid. If a winner's submission is deemed invalid for any reason, then the next eligible alternate will be used. The West Virginia Lottery will then notify all winners by telephone to provide information on claiming their prize.
Winners must respond to the initial West Virginia Lottery phone contact within forty-eight (48) hours of the attempted contact by the Lottery or their prize will be awarded to an alternate. Winners will be posted at 4 PM EST, the day of each drawing, noting that results may change based on entry eligibility and winner verification.
Should an alternate be selected, the West Virginia Lottery will make contact by telephone and that alternate will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond. Should an alternate be disqualified or does not respond within the forty-eight (48) hour period, the process will be repeated until the prize is awarded. Contacted winners will be sent a claim form that must be completed and returned within fourteen (14) business days along with a copy of their state photo identification and Social Security card (only for $10,000 cash prize and Table Arcade Console + $2,000 cash prize winners) or an alternate will be selected.
Merchandise package will be fulfilled by POLLARD after Lottery receipt of valid claim form and accompanying document(s). Cash prize payments will be fulfilled by the West Virginia Lottery.